Northern Employment Services recognises that all commercial activity has an impact on the environment. We are determined to measure and minimise the adverse effect of our activities, whilst positively contributing to environmental improvement.
In order to achieve this, environmental management systems are being developed which clearly set out policies and procedures to help us to:
- Comply and wherever possible exceed current and future legislative requirements ahead of relevant deadlines.
- Monitor, measure and report on the environmental impacts of the business.
- Reduce the adverse environmental impacts arising from our business, including the key areas of transport, waste and energy.
- Integrate environmental objectives into the everyday management of our business reflecting our values and principles.
- Establish effective communication on relevant environmental issues with our employees, customers, suppliers and others who have an interest in our business.
- Encourage suppliers to reduce their impact on the environment.
- Stimulate debate on environmental issues.
- Work closely with all concerned to identify measures that will make a positive contribution to the environment.